Re: Keyboard layout is the wrong one

On 11/29/2012 11:21 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 10:26 AM, Anthony Bourguignon wrote:
>> As I said earlier, I included keyboard-configuration and console-data in
>> my original image.
> After that, it's up to the system to pick up the file and do something
> with it (i.e. it is no longer a live-specific problem). If the file is
> being written properly, then look to what packages are actually included
> in your image to figure out if the keyboard configuration is used by the
> system or not.

Oh! And it dawns on me right after writing this, looking back at that
doc I cited earlier -- here's that URL again:

http://live.debian.net/manual-3.x/html/live-manual/customizing-run-time-behaviours.en.html#510

Above, you cited two packages that are indeed components of keyboard
setup but according to our doc are insufficient in and of themselves to
accomplish it. I quote:

"Both the console and X keyboard configuration are performed by
live-config using the console-setup package."

So if you don't have console-setup, you won't get the keyboard
configuration. I rather suspect that's the case if you do a vanilla live
image (i.e. with no package list specified). console-setup is Priority:
optional, so we may even have a problem here with the standard config at:

http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=debian-standard.git;a=summary

I'm not seeing anything in config/package-lists/ that would pull in
console-setup. If you use one of the desktop configs, however, that
would probably pull in console-setup as a dependency of the desktop.

If that's the case, I propose we add console-setup to a new
config/package-lists/console.list.chroot, and use that in
debian-desktop.git as well.

Ben