Re: Keyboard layout is the wrong one

On 11/29/2012 10:26 AM, Anthony Bourguignon wrote:
> As I said earlier, I included keyboard-configuration and console-data in
> my original image. Even executing dpkg-reconfigure on those two packages
> doesn't modify the layout. I have to manually launch "loadkeys fr" in
> order to have the correct one.
>
> Thanks for your advice.

If the keyboard parameters were picked up correctly by the live-config
script, then all that script really does is populate the config file:

/etc/default/keyboard

After that, it's up to the system to pick up the file and do something
with it (i.e. it is no longer a live-specific problem). If the file is
being written properly, then look to what packages are actually included
in your image to figure out if the keyboard configuration is used by the
system or not.

Ben