Re: Persistence file on the same partition of the live filesystem

The partition containing the live-media gets mounted read-only. The persistence department needs to be writable!

There are probably good reasons for mounting it read-only by default but I don't know why there is no means to override that without manually editing the script 9990-misc-helpers.sh

This subject has been raised before but didn't get much interest.

I have used such a configuration with persistent file in the live-media partition, usually a single FAT32 USB, since Lenny without problems, I still do in Sid.

I have a patch for current sid but am not sure if I am free to post it here as it is "unofficial" and maybe not so clean. The "black_list" is not the problem, at least if booting "findiso"

 David Hare