Re: Persistence file on the same partition of the live filesystem

Il 26/11/2012 17:44, intrigeri ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Eugenio 'g7' Paolantonio wrote (25 Nov 2012 17:04:57 GMT) :
>> By looking at the code I saw this line in the find_persistence_media()
>> method in the 9900-misc-helpers.sh script:
>
>> 	local black_listed_devices="$(what_is_mounted_on /live/medium)"
>
>> So, this is actually blacklisting the partition where the live
>> filesystem and kernel resiedes.
>
>> With the old persistence method, everything worked well.
>
>> I do not know if this is something wanted, so I'm not posting a bug report.
>> Is there a way to make live-boot find a persistence file in the same
>> partition of the live filesystem?
>
> At first glance, it looks like this check makes sense for persistence
> partitions, but does not for file-backed persistence. If this is
> correct, then I guess the black-listing should be made in a more
> targetted way, that is at each iteration of the "for dev in" loop.
> anonym, anyone else, thoughts?
>
> Cheers,

Maybe a simple file-backed persistence check before everything only on
the partition mounted as /live/medium? Would it be a good idea?

Kind Regards,
Eugenio

--
.: Eugenio Paolantonio - Semplice Linux developer :.

http://semplice-linux.org
http://medesimo.eu

Twitter: @eugenio_g7 - Homepage: http://me.medesimo.eu