Re: [OT?] Question raised by thread "Re: Mirroring Debian Archive"

Diederik de Haas wrote:
On Wednesday 07 November 2012 19:37:30 Richard Owlett wrote:
Debian 6.0.5 will be fine for my purposes. I suspect that by
the time updating will be relevant for me, enough updates
will have be done that purchasing another set of DVDs would
be worthwhile. When I say "I DO NOT have good internet
connectivity", I mean don't bother considering it functional

Given your use case I'm not too sure whether apt-cacher-ng is a good fit.

I agree. But reading the documentation of programs I can't use directly often sheds light on the problem I'm trying to solve.
This is quite acceptable as a major motivation is my education

A local mirror using the packages from your DVDs sounds more logical in that
case. But I have no experience in setting that up though.

That's the rub ;)