Re: Wheezy and wirless network connection problem

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

2012/8/27 Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>:
> On 08/26/2012 06:39 PM, David Westberg wrote:
>>
>> I guess something interesting happened in July :-)
>

> i suspect you're missing some packages, in case you disabled recommends
> rebuild the image with recommends enabled.

I did :
grep recommends -ir config

in my build folder and

config/common: LB_APT_RECOMMENDS = true
for me this looks like recommends is enabled.

> otherwise, diff the list of packages installed in the live system with a
> working and a non-working one.

I did a comparision between binary.packages in latest build and the
working one. lots of differences but nothing really strange, just new
versions of network manager packages.

> other than that a package missing on your system required for connecting to
> the wirless network, there's no live specific change here.

I will continue with network-manager and try find out more of what it
is doing internally.
Nothing really indicates that live should be at fault, I guess I have
stumbled upon a  corner case/ bug in network manager and gnome.

Thank you for your help.

/david