Re: problem installing cups-pdf on live-build

> Do you have build-logfiles available before/after 2012/07/29?

Sorry I do not have any log files...

> Do you remember to have been running cupsd (on the host, not within
> chroot) at build-time? I can remember that as relevant but sadly not
> exactly how...

Yes I was running the cups on the host. Maybe that is the cause then? Shall I try a sample build with just cups-pdf and let you know?

On 11 August 2012 23:47, Daniel Reichelt <debian@nachtgeist.net> wrote:
> I prefer not to use apt-pinning because I prefer my deb files to be
> from the stable repository but thanks for the tip.

Not the point: using apt-pinning or copying .deb's to a local config
tree has the same effect: they're no more "only stable". I know the
feeling, it's like having to die one death and just have to decide which
one. However I prefer "functioning" (like in: "it does what I need")
software. No matter if it was once called "stable" or $whatnot.

> Just wanted to point out that this problem arised end of
> July/beginning of August. I built an image on the 29th of the July
> including cups-pdf and no password was asked, therefore the build was
> entirely automatic.

According to [1] there where no changes to cups-pdf during your
mentioned timeline.

Do you have build-logfiles available before/after 2012/07/29?

Do you remember to have been running cupsd (on the host, not within
chroot) at build-time? I can remember that as relevant but sadly not
exactly how...

Cheers,

Daniel

[1]