is there an option to control udeb excludes?

I would like to exclude the apt-mirror-setup udeb. I see that I can add it to exclude_udebs file, but that file is under /usr/share/live/build/. I would rather control it via config. Is this possible?

FWIW, I’m excluding this udeb because a) it causes preseeded install of the live system to hang at step “Configure the package manager” and b) my target will never need an apt mirror.  In fact the configuration of target is never going to be changed after installation.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for live-build!

Kent Loving