Re: live-boot todo for wheezy

Hi,

Daniel Baumann wrote (12 Jun 2012 10:41:39 GMT) :
> first of all, i personally care about three usages:

>   * squeeze with unmodified[0] live-boot/live-config from sid
>   * squeeze plus backports of kernel, klibc, initramfs-tools, with
>     unmodified[0] live-boot/live-config from sid
>   * sid

If this was intended to clarify anything, I'm sorry but it did not
work that well: the specific stuff you explicitly asked us to give
some feedback/testing (which I tried to do) is not part of this list,
so I'm now more confused than before.

If I used a "proper" initramfs-tools backport to do my tests of the
live-boot you pushed to experimental, would you care about my report,
or am I just wasting my time trying to help you test and debug your
latest work?

> wrt/ to initramfs-tools, the 0.106 version from sid will not work
> properly on squeeze, backporting it needs a few adjustments, see:

Thank you. We will look into it.

Can you please provide any example of what would fail with 0.106 from
sid on Squeeze? (In our tests, it looked like it works, so it would be
great to have a failing testcase we can reproduce, to see if
we're affected.)

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri