Re: Fostering the translations of live-manual

On 05/29/2012 03:00 PM, chals wrote:
> I think it would be good to send three emails to debian-l10n-$LANGUAGE
> to tell them about these unfinished and unmaintained translations.

For German, I prefer not doing this since debian-l10n-de does
'translate' very differently and most of the time in non-acceptable
ways, hence I'll take care about the German translation for live-*.
We've still got some time until wheezy is due, so it's not that much of
a hurry.

> I do not remember whose idea this was
> originally, very likely Ben's or Daniel's

mine (not that it matters since there's hardly anything original about
it, it's the logical consequence to fix the problem we've had), and i'm
guilty of never having wrote stuff done properly about it.

> So far I have sent two personal mails. One to one of the contributors of
> the wiki [Language: pt_BR] (This sprang from an irc talk, again not an
> original idea of mine) and one to a personal friend of mine co-partner
> in a wiki I contribute to [Language: de + debian user + skilled with
> documentation.]

who;s that (for de)?

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net