Re: Why does debian installer scans and update files during installation ? t

On 02/20/2012 03:32 PM, Harshad Joshi wrote:
> I  am comparatively new to debian 6 and i have noticed a peculiar
> feature that was not present in debians installers..
>
> This new installer searches for local repositories and starts
> downloading some updated files from local repo server.

d-i always tries to fetch in security updates where applicable, that has
been the cast for the last 3 or 4 stable releases already, so nothing new.

however, that behaviour can be disabled, see d-i manual wrt/ preseeding.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net