Re: out of tree modules and custom kernels in testing and beyond

Hi

> towards 3.2). I compile kernels from upstream sources all the time,
> but I don't know how to FORCE lb-config and lb-build to boot my
> customized kernel instead of the one mainline. Can you give me some
> pointers? (I've never set-up an APT repository... I would prefer to
> avoid this unless it's the only way).

>From squeeze's /usr/share/live/build/scripts/build/lb_binary_syslinux:

525 DEFAULT_FLAVOUR="$(echo ${LB_LINUX_FLAVOURS} | awk '{ print $1 }')"
526 DEFAULT_KERNEL="$(basename chroot/boot/vmlinuz-*${DEFAULT_FLAVOUR})"
527 DEFAULT_INITRD="initrd.img-$(echo ${DEFAULT_KERNEL} | sed -e
's|vmlinuz-||')"

I'd say it depends on what order you pass your linux flavours to the
--linux-flavours option of lb config.

The kernel packages themselves don't necessarily need to originate from
an APT repository. They could as well be installed by placing the .debs
in config/chroot_local-packages.

Daniel