Note: xorriso will not produce ISO/HFS hybrids for powerpc

Hi,

i came upon
  http://live.debian.net/gitweb/?p=live-build.git;a=commitdiff;h=bae505eb97ef389fe07ceebb03e8956db7011bb7
which i read with great interest. Thank you for flying xorriso.

But i have to point out that xorriso does not produce HFS
filesystems. xorriso -as mkisofs will not accept option -hfs,
but only -hfsplus. (HFS+ is said to be needed for newer Macs.
The knowledge and essential code was contributed by Vladimir
Serbinenko.)

Expect to get
  xorriso : FAILURE : -as mkisofs: Unsupported option '-hfs'
rather than an ISO image.
(Further unsupported options in scripts/build/binary_iso case "yaboot":
 --netatalk -probe -map --chrp-boot -part -no-desktop -hfs-volid
)

Support for HFS is on my todo list. (About as appealing as
digging a SCSI passthrough channel in GNU/Hurd.)
I roughly understand what mkisofs produces as Apple Partition
Map and as HFS meta data. Nevertheless it would be quite some
work.

How important is the "powerpc" architecture ?
Is there an opportunity to test xorriso produced ISO/HFS hybrids ?
(Where can i see an genisoimage produced Debian Live image for
 powerpc ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas