encrypted persistence

Dear List,

I would like to encrypt the persistent partition.
For this I've found the bootparam persistence-encryption.
This was set to persistence-encryption=luks
I've created a luks encrypted partition, in the luks an ext4 partition with label persistence
I copied my already working persitence partition in this one.
I reboot, I'm asked for the luks passphrase, enter it, continue booting. The persistence partition is not detected altough the luks partition is mounted.
My boot commands also contains the paramter persistence. So: "persistence persistence-encryption=luks"

Any ideas? I've started looking into the scripts but cannot see something wrong.
Is there a way to have more verbose or debug output?
A strange error appears. I do not remember it by hard but it goes a bit like: cannot find custom-mount.list

Thank you
Malic