Re: Creating a live installer

On 15/10/12 11:40 AM, Strickland, Carl wrote:

> --linux-flavours 686 \
>
> What else do I need to do? I’ve included debian-installer-launcher in my
> package list and I would expect this to be sufficient to create an
> installer? Is there a metapackage that I need to include as well for
> this to work?

The kernel the installer uses and the kernel the live system uses must
be the same flavour. For i386 images, that is 486.

Also, as Daniel said in the wheezy a2 announcement, installer
integration isn't done yet (i.e. no "Install" entry in the boot menu).
That being said, you might manage to get the desktop installer launcher
working. I haven't personally tested this, though, as I've known we
weren't ready yet to start using the installer for a while.

Ben