Re: problem installing cups-pdf on live-build

Ok cheers. I understand now. Thanks for looking into this...

On Oct 10, 2012 4:50 AM, "Daniel Reichelt" <debian@nachtgeist.net> wrote:
On 09.10.2012 15:58, Robert Spiteri wrote:
> Thanks for this. So I just remove cupsd from the list of packages? Or
> are there any other packages which I have to exclude?

Removing cupsd from the package list won't do any good.

The issue is  that during the installation of cups-pdf within the chroot
of the live sytem to be, its postinst script calls lpadmin which in turn
wants to contact cupsd on localhost to create a PDF printer queue.
However, this contacting will fail from within the chroot.

The workaround is to stop cupsd which is running on the host system
you're trying to build the live system on.