Re: Re: persistence wheezy live hdd doesn't work

OK, I've created hdd binary.img and I've done dd into 1GB usb stick:

# dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sdb

And I the 650MB 32fat partition was automatically created and have 350MB free space.

Then I've created according to the live manual a persistence volume:

# dd if=/dev/null of=persistence bs=1 seek=330M
# /sbin/mkfs.ext4 -F persistence
# mount -t ext4 persistence /mnt
# echo "/home" >> /tmp/persistence.conf
# umount /mnt

Now my big problem is, howto copy this persistence volume file into a usb stick.
Do I need additional ext4 partition for  this persistence volume file?
What's the label of this additional partition, ist it home-rw (live-rw) like on squeeze?

greetings
Piotr

On Oct 8, 2012, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:

On 10/08/2012 04:48 AM, upiter77@lycos.com wrote:
> Howto mount the binary.hybrid.iso with write permission

you can't. known issue with syslnux'es iso-hybrid.

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email: daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net