Re: Auto scripts missing.

Thanks again Chals for your input.

I checked if my config script is executable and it is, the other two were copied over from the correct location that you indicated to me. I purged Live Build and then reinstalled it. Still no good. I purged it again. Rebooted my laptop, reinstalled Live Build again and it worked. Now all I need to check is that the build starts, and the final build works correctly after completion.

Regards.
Michael.

On 20 September 2012 09:09, chals <chals@altorricon.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Michael . <keltoiboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Chals.

You are welcome :)

> I have found them again. My next question is then why isn't Live Build
> seeing the Auto scripts and adjusting the config files accordingly.
>
> I am using Wheezy for this so my version is, like yours, 3.0~a51-1.

I use the latest version (3.0~a58-1) in both sid and wheezy. However,
I have downgraded my wheezy's live-build to 3.0~a51-1 for the sake of
testing whether auto/ scripts work or not. And they *do* work here. I
have no idea what you are doing wrong.

Just to make sure, if I were you, I would, first of all make the build
directory and create the 'auto' directory inside it with my scripts;
whether copied from the 'examples' or handmade. In this last case
remember to make them executable. Auto scripts are *scripts* so you
have to give them execute permission. This is not necessary if you
just copy them from the 'examples/auto' directory because they already
are.

And then, once the scripts are in place, call 'lb config' as user and
then 'lb build' as root. And you will see something like this:

chals@aelita:~/sandbox/testauto$ lb config
[2012-09-20 00:49:59] lb_config
P: Executing auto/config script.

and this: