Re: Debian Wheezy live images?

 >> Aren't there pre-built “live” images for Debian Wheezy (snapshots)?

 > not yet.  if you need one urgently, you can built it yourself, see
 > http://live.debian.net/manual/

	Indeed, I was somewhat familiar with live-build, but as I don't
	need neither bootloader setup (one's already in place), nor a
	filesystem prepared (I'll use NFS, and need a plain directory
	instead), I've decided to go via debootstrap(8) this time.

	Do I understand it correctly that I only need the live-boot,
	live-boot-initramfs-tools and live-config packages (along with a
	suitable kernel), to enable “boot=live” mode on an otherwise
	sane Debian Wheezy install?

	I vaguely recall that there was a kernel command line option for
	the “live” initramfs to use live-media-path= as the root
	directory (subject to aufs, of course), instead of searching for
	filesystem.*.  What's it?  (A brief scan over live-boot(7) was
	fruitless for me.)

	TIA.

--
FSF associate member #7257	http://sf-day.org/