Re: Ubuntu & casper (SOLVED)

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 06:30:40PM +0200, Luigi Capriotti wrote:
> Sandro,
>
> we are using live-build_3.0~a47.orig.tar.gz
>
> (see https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/blob/master/build.sh#L96 )
>
> with the following patch:
>
> https://github.com/xbmc/XBMCbuntu/blob/master/Tools/lb_chroot_hacks.diff
>
> that IIRC fixes that error of yours.

Thanks Luigi, it was not that patch but a hook that I read in the link above
that renames vmlinux and initrd::

  mv binary/casper/initrd.img-*-generic binary/casper/initrd-generic.lz
  mv binary/casper/initrd.img-*-generic-pae binary/casper/initrd.lz

  mv binary/casper/vmlinuz-*-generic binary/casper/vmlinuz-generic
  mv binary/casper/vmlinuz-*-generic-pae binary/casper/vmlinuz

So I managed to build my first Ubuntu precise image build on ubuntu with a
minimal configuration that I report:

  lb config noauto \
       --linux-package linux-image \
       --parent-archive-areas "main restricted universe multiverse" \
       "${@}"

Since I'd like to create a very basic system probably I can just use 'main'
area, not sure about 'universe'. Is there a way to check the list of
packages and report which repository they blong to?

Thanks to this list for the fast reply to any doubt!

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)