Bug#680763: marked as done (permanently disable persistent-net generator)
Your message dated Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:32:20 +0000
with message-id <E1Srbr2-0002SC-Sy@franck.debian.org>
and subject line Bug#680763: fixed in live-build 3.0~a52-1
has caused the Debian Bug report #680763,
regarding permanently disable persistent-net generator
to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
i just realized a problem with ethernet-lan and udev in debian live (squeeze), using the persistence feature.
as far as i understand it, udev associates "eth0" to one specific MAC address and remembers that. now, if i use my live system on different computers, "eth0" is then usually already reserved and thus renamed to "eth5" or something alike. this causes network trouble.
"eth5" is not in "/etc/network/interfaces" and so neither brought up automatically nor can you manually do it with "ifup eth5". afaik, udev's behavior can be altered in "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules". but shouldn't that generally be changed for debian live? it would definitely add to usability.
there could be a simple boot script clearing the file "70-persistent-net.rules". for now, manually deleting it does the job.
btw, someone else additionally noted this:
arguably, not wholly a live problem ...
you would have the same issue if you did a (non-live) install to a usb stick
then move that stick from system to system
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
live-build, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Daniel Baumann <email@example.com> (supplier of updated live-build package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 22:46:55 +0200
Binary: live-build live-build-cgi
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Live Project <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Daniel Baumann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
live-build - Debian Live - System build scripts
live-build-cgi - Debian Live - System build scripts (CGI frontend)
Closes: 672379 680763
live-build (3.0~a52-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Improving error message in lb wrapper to show the command in case of
a missing command.
* Adding svg splash for syslinux bootloaders.
* Adding dynamic informations into the splash and creating the png
export at build time.
* Truncating udev persistent net rules in remove-udev-persistent-
rules.chroot hook rather than to remove them (Closes: #680763).
* Removing discontinued live-build-cron autobuilder (Closes: #672379).
* Updating dhcp packages in rescue package list to avoid transitional
packages for squeeze and up.
* Marking libguytools1 as squeeze only in rescue package list.
* Marking ddrescue as squeeze-only in rescue list.
* Using clamav-data for squeeze and clamav-freshclam for wheezy/sid in
* Applying patch from Steven Shiau <email@example.com> to
conditionally copy /etc/apt/secring.gpg* files.
* Renaming net flavour to netboot for consistency.
* Adding support for zsync control files generation, thanks to Hector
Oron <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the idea and prototype.
* Adding xz as valid compression format.
* Using xz to compress images on anything except squeeze, keeping gzip
as default for squeeze.
* Removing spurious lb_source_netboot, there's not such thing as a
netboot specific source tarball anyway.
* Handle multiple version numbers when having more than one linux
flavours for splash.svg post-processing.
* Adding support for pinning preferences files in
* Updating splash.svg handling for unchrooted and chrooted builds.
* Decrufting version flag.
* Correcting live-build and live-boot versions for splash.svg post-
* Also removing zsync files in lb clean.
* Slightly updating strings in splash.svg for better organization of
the information presented.
* Adding extlinux bootloader configuration files.
* Correcting freudian typo in package check for chroot filesystems
dependencies in binary_rootfs.
* Adding support for ntfs as binary filesystem when using syslinux.
* Updating squeeze point-release number.
* Setting initial release number for wheezy.
* Correcting spelling typo of ubuntus 12.10 codename.
* Correcting some distribution specific checks to make them
* Enabling security archives on wheezy.
b3ab98442125bf56c417b60066fde0eb4f7e5edc 1329 live-build_3.0~a52-1.dsc
39ced4671dfc1201dc4974100455ee6a67631344 944484 live-build_3.0~a52.orig.tar.xz
3721bbbd7f472ca7b74fbf5856505d19dc85e4ae 45344 live-build_3.0~a52-1.debian.tar.xz
6a0b06151a9b4b1baa33ff5047b65bd2463b08e1 1018604 live-build_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
13d7bf4e8ba6cbe727d50dee62cdc408e06f07ed 68638 live-build-cgi_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
4d87f3a4d3f96fa71ea03684278e669766817afe97173330816bef4325322a1a 1329 live-build_3.0~a52-1.dsc
f6392c3e34091738c2fe0870f433b01f18bc2d515ab71d72db02430be479b9ce 944484 live-build_3.0~a52.orig.tar.xz
80744c2c4b586b896b294c8653041f3b2fa7ae039eba3a20bc4487a4b32ac752 45344 live-build_3.0~a52-1.debian.tar.xz
16f8116efd51aa9d0f0693ef02fa568097de486447db51cbc9fc86ab8245d9d7 1018604 live-build_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
bfb0f7d62fc170148f5dcb2568f89f07a9ccec2c7f702b60dc4a9c2ec41651f4 68638 live-build-cgi_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
dc23226d6382028d808863856176ddef 1329 misc optional live-build_3.0~a52-1.dsc
1af3de37dc87aa5486fc33da1748b1f0 944484 misc optional live-build_3.0~a52.orig.tar.xz
fd5466595a01d5653e2cf80844f2cb7e 45344 misc optional live-build_3.0~a52-1.debian.tar.xz
2f7186231da836f6c4a7d5f636588650 1018604 misc optional live-build_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
c15193562fa66b5ec9e9aea21afe8648 68638 misc optional live-build-cgi_3.0~a52-1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---