Re: support-snapshots.debian.org-in-live-build

On 06/28/2012 02:22 AM, Rui Miguel P. Bernardo wrote:
> I tried to apply all that in the patch.

good, so we're entirely on the same page, great.

> Because daily installer builds are not in snapshots.debian.org

probably they should be? i'll open a bug about it later.. in the meanwhile..

> 	lb config -d squeeze --snapshot 20120601
>
> would make a live image where built with the repos on that date and with
> binary sources.list using that date snapshot repositories and not the
> latest repos, right?

yes.

> should we try to get the "closest" daily installer or give an error if
> daily installer does not exist for that date?

imho give a very prominent warning and fall back to the previous (=the
one which is the closest one before/older than the snapshot) available one.

> I hate when a build fails on that stage.

ack.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net