Re: Testing an ISO with persistence in VirtualBox OSE

I mean a file with an ext2 file system I have created with:
$ dd if=/dev/null of=live-rw bs=1GB seek=1 # for a 100MB sized image file
$/sbin/mkfs.ext2 -F live-rw

Because I was trying it with files instead of partitions.

Anyway, If I tried doing it in your way:
I boot the VM with the live cd in the CD/DVD device. But, what do you
mean by 'partition'? Because, in VirtualBox I can create a .VDI disk,
but how can I make an ext file system on it?