Re: Help, dealing with the suite of commands live-build

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Luis Arturo Roa Mora <larom.luis@gmail.com> wrote:
Help, i need the explanation of what can be done using all the commands, configuration files, options etc, to create a Debian Custom Live image.

The recommended way of having an insight into that is reading live-manual. You have two options: Either install the package for offline reference (apt-get install live-manual) or read the online version. I paste the links to the same document but with different formats:

HTML: http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-2.x/html/live-manual.en.html
ODF: http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-2.x/odf/live-manual.en.odt
PDF: http://live-manual.debian.net/manual-2.x/pdf/live-manual.portrait-a4.en.pdf

There is no Spanish translation of live-manual 2.x. Version 3.x is translated into your language and up-to-date. I do not link to it because you are asking about "Squeeze" and there are many changes from one version to the other.

At the same time it is very useful to read the man pages of live-config, live-boot and lb_config because it is a quick reference to all available options.

The main purpose of making this Custom Debian Live Version, is to encourage our students to know and to use GPL software insted of using ilegal software or privative software.

This sounds like a nice initiative.

i used these commands and succesfully create a live image of the system installed:

I do not comment on the technical details because I'm not a technical person myself. Personally I wouldn't use the same name for hostname and username. But it is your choice after all. It's up to you.

i'would like to have a voice or video session insted of writing emails.

As far as I know, I am afraid there is no such thing as a video session, at least endorsed by the members of the project. There might be some videos on certain popular video broadcasting sites.

Sorry for my bad English.

Your English is perfectly understandable, so no reason to apologize.

I'm from México. and i can speak,write and understand english a little bit.

Espero que te haya servido de ayuda.

Saludos y adiós.

--
chals