Re: local hwclock in debian-live

On 04/10/2012 09:47 PM, Eugene V Budnikov wrote:
> I've found that rc.d hwclock symlinks are deleted in
> /lib/live/config/114-util-linux - why?

hwclock would change the hardware clock, a permanent change, which is
not acceptable for a live system to do.

> And how to setup debian-live to use localtime in rtc?
> Well, I have utc=no timezone=Europe/Moscow in kernel options.

given that your hardware clock runs local time not utc, and
Europe/Moscow is the correct timezone for your area, this should give
you the desired result.

if it doesn't, either your hardware clock is off, or there's a bug,
which i doubt, it's working flawlessly for me.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net