Re: Re: local hwclock in debian-live

> > I've found that rc.d hwclock symlinks are deleted in /lib/live/config/114-util-linux - why?
> hwclock would change the hardware clock, a permanent change, which is not acceptable for a live system to do.

 Well, it changes hardware clock on stop. But on start it sets up the
system time correctly using timezone and utc flags
I've grepped and found no other place where "UTC=yes|no" is used! Only
in hwclock.sh and hwclockfirst.sh

> > And how to setup debian-live to use localtime in rtc?
> > Well, I have utc=no timezone=Europe/Moscow in kernel options.
>
> given that your hardware clock runs local time not utc, and
> Europe/Moscow is the correct timezone for your area, this should give
> you the desired result.
>
> if it doesn't, either your hardware clock is off, or there's a bug,
> which i doubt, it's working flawlessly for me.

At fact now it ignores utc=no flag and sets the system clock from
hardware as UTC.

ps: live-build 3.0~a46-1

--
WBR Eugene V Budnikov