Re: install live squeeze usb-hdd with 3.x kernel

Am Wednesday 07 March 2012 schrieb Ben Armstrong:
> On 07/03/12 07:37 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > On 03/07/2012 11:40 AM, Stefan wrote:
> >> make a apt-preferences file in config/chroot_apt/
> >>
> >> $ cat chroot_apt/preferences
> >> Package: *
> >> Pin: release a=squeeze-backports
> >> Pin-Priority: 1000
> >
> > this will break. backports.debian.org does not support to have all
> > backports enabled, some are conflicting with each other, you need to
> > hand-pick the list of packages you want to use from there, and pin them
> > individually.
>
> Oh, good catch! That's a horrible, horrible configuration. Stefan, if
> you have copied that from some (non-live) system, you want to fix that
> pronto.
>
> Ben
thanks for advice. so I was lucky - because in my case this configuration
works wonderfull (propably depending on my special package selection). But no
worry, on my desktop-system I wouldn't take all backport-packages at the same
time. I was just experimenting - because of dealing with iceweasel from
mozilla.debian.net. And it worked - including the 3.x kernel.

stefan