Re: failed to add packages to the live cd

On 05/03/12 04:26 PM, Nadav Vinik wrote:
> On 5 March 2012 22:09, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
>> On 05/03/12 03:46 PM, Nadav Vinik wrote:
>>> lb config --packages-lists "xfce4" --packages "xfce4"
>>
>> First of all, the name of the built in package list is 'xfce', not
>> 'xfce4' (see /usr/share/live/build/lists/). Second:
>>
>> $ lb build
>>
>> The 'lb build' command must run as root.
>>
>> Please install and review the contents of live-manual. I think it will
>> help you get rapidly beyond these novice issues
>
> I did all this and many other configuration and even use the same
> examples from the documentation
> XFCE didn't install
>

> $ mkdir newcd
> nadav@Debian:~/projects$ cd newcd/
> nadav@Debian:~/projects/newcd$ lb  config --packages-lists "xfce"
> --packages "xfce"

By the way, I said the built in list name is xfce, not the package name.
The package name, so far as I know is xfce4 (but if you specify the
list, there is no need for you to specify the package name, so you
probably broke your build with that). So:

lb config --packages-lists xfce

That should be sufficient.

> ******fast log here, so I can't copy********************88

huh? you know you can redirect to an output file by appending

> build.log

Unfortunately, in the too-large output you provided there is absolutely
nothing interesting (it is only the bootstrap phase) so if there were
any errors, we cannot see. Please be more discriminating next time when
you post log excerpts. Review the entire output, locate any messages
that look suspicious to you (anything starting with "E:" for example)
and email only those and enough context lines around them for us to see
what's going on.

But first, try the suggested 'lb config' command instead. Maybe that
will solve it for you.

Ben