Re: What's clobbering /etc/network/interfaces?

On 05/03/12 09:51 AM, Jason Heeris wrote:
> Daniel's suggestion did the trick, but I don't know where it's documented :)

True enough. I can't find it either. From examining the scripts provided
by live-boot (live-boot-initramfs-tools, actually) in
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/live-bottom/, you can see that all
scripts run by live-boot seem to be 'negatable' just like live-config.
The live-config man page explains this nicely, but live-boot man page
doesn't.

> Is this the same as "ip=frommedia"?

Almost the same. 'nonetworking' will skip the script earlier, before
saying that it is "Preconfiguring networking". Also, ip=frommedia will
only skip the network autoconfiguration if a pre-existing
/etc/network/interfaces is found, otherwise it will proceed to create
one anyway.

Ben