What's clobbering /etc/network/interfaces?

I have a Wheezy live system, built with live-build 3.0~a45-1 on an
Ubuntu 11.10 system. I've enabled persistence to a COW live-rw
partition, and I'm sure that it's working because when I write a test
file to /etc, it's there on subsequent boots.

The problem is: any changes I make to /etc/network/interfaces are gone
when I reboot, and it's reset to its inital "lo" and "eth0" entries. I
have the "standard" set of live packages, plus:

net-tools
bridge-utils
wpasupplicant
wireless-tools
resolvconf
firmware-iwlwifi
isc-dhcp-server

Might there be some other service that clobbers this on startup?

— Jason