Re: "a custom mounts configurable system" in live-boot

On Sunday 12 February 2012 12:15:27 anonym wrote:

> The persistence RFC has been heavily updated. In particular custom
> mounts now support options so they can either be bind-mounted,
> recursively symlinked, or union-mounted. This has also been implemented
> in the tmp-persistent-custom branch.

I read your RFC, I would like to not change names of files or features if
possible, and to maintain compatibility with old strings if reasonable.

e.g. why renaming 'live-{rw,sn}' to 'full-{ov,sn}' ?

Probably is a good name by itself, I do not mean that; but why a persistence
user should need to change their scripts for this reason?

If the urge of changing the name is so compelling, it would be better to ADD a
new name and maintain compatibility with old names in the code.

There is nothing that could annoy a developer/sysadmin more than a string
rename in a new release without a real good reason.

Other than that it is a nice RFC, thanks for it, I'll study a bit more to see
If there are other issues.

--
ESC:wq