Re: Encountered a section with no Package: header

On 02/12/2012 11:15 AM, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
>   Get:5 http://cdn.debian.net wheezy/main Translation-en [3725 kB]
>   Fetched 18.3 MB in 5s (3570 kB/s)
>   W: Failed to fetch copy:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/cdn.debian.net_debian_dists_wheezy_main_i18n_Translation-en  Encountered a section with no Package: header
>
>   E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

this is a problem of the mirror which is used when you access
cdn.debian.net from your build host, nothing we can do about it here.

there are two possible workarounds:

  a) (prefered) overload cdn.debian.net in your dns server (e.g. on
     your router) and point it to a known good debian mirror close to
     you. e.g. at home, i do overload it with ftp.ch.debian.org.

  b) don't use cdn.debian.net for binary indices (= the indices that are
     ending up in the image, eventually) with --mirror-binary.

according to your mail domain, you're probably from germany, so using
ftp.de.debian.org is reliable, but not necessarily the fastest mirror.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net