Re: Preseed file ignored when adding user to other groups

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 4:50 PM, Nick Bailey <nick@n-ism.org> wrote:

Should I give up with preseeding and use add an executable file
with adduser user iocard in it to /lib/live/hooks using a chroot
include? My understanding is that this would get executed at boot
time if the boot parameter hooks=filesystem was supplied. Is that right?

I have never used preseeding so I can't help you on that.

However I have tested boot time hooks on a number of occasions. Up to version 3.0~40a if I remember correctly.

 I would use it like this:

Add your adduser hook prefixed by a number higher than 118 (but do not use 999) and add it to config/includes.chroot/lib/live/config/

Something similar to this:
    $ cat > 120-adduser << EOF

         #!/bin/bash

         echo

         echo "live-config hook: adduser"

         adduser user group

       EOF

It is not necessary to specify any boot parameter.

Thanks,

Hope it helps.

--
chals