Re: syslinux kernel and timeout

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 07:27:48PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 09/19/2011 05:17 PM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

(Issue with vmlinuz and initrd.img missing, worked-around by copying
them)

> >I was told on IRC that there should be a bug about this one, but failed
> >to find it.
>
> the three important ones about embedding the syslinux config.

Which ones?

http://bugs.debian.org/622838
http://bugs.debian.org/627150

are irrelevant here.

OK. I now see it in http://bugs.debian.org/635177 , which I missed before,
as the relevant parts were in HTML-only messages that are not
automaitcally expanded by the BTS.

So right now I see no better fix for it. I originally tried a hook that
edits live.cfg for the full kernel names, but then syslinux failed to
find them. I guess LFN don't work.

One obvious question before looking into a proper fix: does it actually
work in some cases? I failed to find the place where the kernel is
copied to vmlinuz.

My auto/config:

        --architectures i386 \
        --distribution squeeze \
	--package-lists rapid \
	--linux-flavours 686 \
	--bootappend-live quiet \
        --iso-publisher "Xorcom Inc.; http://www.xorcom.com/"; \
	--apt-secure false \
        --apt-http-proxy http://apt-proxy:3142/ \
        --apt-recommends false \

> >Another minor issue: the resulting image had
> >/etc/udev/rules.d/70-*persistent-net.rules . I copied the example script
> >and it took me a while to figure out that script uses an incorrect path:
> >
> >-rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net-generator.rules
> >+rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net*.rules
>
> i'm confused, we're using /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net.rules
> and not /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent-net-generator.rules in current
> lb, could you clarify?

Now I see share/hooks/007-remove-udev-persistent-rules.chroot . For some
reason it didn't work for me (that is: the udev rules were not purged
until I added my own hook). I'll look into that tommorow

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com