Re: Iso-hybrid freezing the BIOS on USB key

Greetings,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Ben Armstrong
<synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 06:56 PM, Jean-Michel Philippe wrote:
>>> Some old BIOSes are unhappy booting iso-hybrid. In that case, build and
>>> use usb-hdd images instead.
>>
>> Not so old indeed, the laptop is less than 2 years old. That's sad news,
>> this means we cannot use iso-hybrid to replace usb images on our website
>> if we don't want to have many people complaining.
>
> I don't understand why it's failing in that case. I have not encountered
> *any* such recent machine that fails in the way you described. So I
> think before giving up on it, we need to understand better why it fails
> for you.

fwiw: I actually have just encountered a set of notebooks procured in
2009 of HP ProBook 4510s that do not like the iso-hybrid on usb or
cdrom. They just appear to freeze. If you test with a usb.img (not
iso-hybrid) they work fine.