Re: Vanillux live iso

Hi again,

So this time everything went more or less well:

I changed the default.sh as you suggested;
I also saved my keys as both {chroot|binary}.key and key.{chroot|binary} to buypass the bug we discussed on the irc;

called :
lb config --architecture $1 \
--binary-images iso-hybrid \
--debian-installer live \
--debian-installer-distribution stable \
--debian-installer-gui true \
--distribution stable \
--parent-distribution wheezy \
--parent-debian-installer-distribution wheezy \
--parent-mirror-chroot http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-debian-installer http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-bootstrap http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-binary http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--parent-mirror-binary http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--mirror-debian-installer http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--mirror-bootstrap http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ \
--mirror-chroot http://apt.vanillux.org/vanillux/ \
--mirror-binary http://apt.vanillux.org/vanillux/ \
--hostname vanillux \
--iso-application "Vanillux live" \
--iso-publisher "Vanillux foundation; http://vanillux.org; vanillux-live@vanillux.org" \
--iso-volume "vanillux-"$1"-live-$(date +%Y%m%d)" \
--archive-areas "main non-free" \
--security false \
--username vanillux-live-user \
--volatile false \
--verbose

cp -v ../vanillux.key config/archives/vanillux.chroot.key
cp -v ../vanillux.key config/archives/vanillux.binary.key
cp -v ../vanillux.key config/archives/vanillux.key.chroot
cp -v ../vanillux.key config/archives/vanillux.key.binary
cp -v ../vanillux.chroot.list config/package-lists/vanillux.chroot.list #Only contains vanillux-desktop

lb build
So now:

Issue 1: The iso wont boot into the live session its stuck on this screen: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/screenshotvanilluxtestr.png/

Issue 2: ISO's come out but they are about exactly double the size they should be (1.5-6gb (amd64 is bigger), while our iso's with 2.x came out about half that.

I want to thank you again for the help provided its very appreciated

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
On 08/10/2011 04:29 AM, fabrice quenneville wrote:
> it was looking for the progress theme so i chaged
> it to "debian-squeeze" in config/binary. But now the iso will not boot
> boot in (i get the debian logo and choose live but nothing happens).

i suggest you create your own on based on the progress one, or wait for
the embedding of the theme files in live-build.

> You say to set LB_DERIVATIVE to true but i cant find LB_DERIVATIVE
> nor defaults.sh.

daniel@debian:/srv/vcs/debian-live/live-build$ grep -c LB_DERIVATIVE
functions/defaults.sh
3
daniel@debian:/srv/vcs/debian-live/live-build$

> (our iso has tool about 250mb of weight since the
> --mode chage guessing its progress related packages).

the actual live part will be smaller than the debian default images,
however, for progress mode, d-i is installed by default as well. you
might want to disable d-i inclusion.

> Another question is: our key is currently
> in config/archives/vanillux.chroot.gpg but it dosent seam to register,
> when it pulls vanillux-desktop it complains about unverified packages
> --force-yes is required. What should i do ?

put it into the correct location. if you use a28 or newer, it's
config/archives/foo.{,chroot,binary}.key

> Yet another of my questions:
> at some point im guessing an apt-get autoremove is called and this happens:
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   syslinux* syslinux-themes-debian-squeeze*
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>
> not sure if its good ?

this is normal. when the image is built, the files are not taken from
the host system but from the 'auxilliary' chroot, where package is first
installed, files are copied to the binary image, and then deinstalled again.

> Thank you for your help, i really need to get this problem resolved i
> have been working on this for too long now.

good things come to those wo can.. wait and do it properly. doing
derivatives in hurry results in unmaintable and unsustainable crap of
which there is already enough out there.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net