Re: Create binary.img with local mirror

On 30/04/11 12:23 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> assuming your local mirror is properly served from localhost:
>
>   echo "127.0.1.1 cdn.debian.net" >> /etc/hosts
>
> all my hosts in my network have that (well, it's not pointing to
> localhost, but to the ip that my local mirror is located on, and i'm
> overwriting cdn.debian.net in my local dns, rather than modifying all
> the systems hosts file, but that's just implementation detail).

I had thought of that, but didn't consider it "clean" because it
"taints" the build system. That being said, it's a clever workaround. I
wonder if we could somehow support such aliasing of cdn.debian.net to
the local mirror within live-build itself instead of having to mess with
the build system's hosts file.

Ben