Re: Create binary.img with local mirror

On 04/30/2011 01:59 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> While using a mirror is fine for populating the chroot, the binary needs
> to contain the indices from whichever mirror you have configured the
> image to use (cdn.debian.net by default). I do not know of a clean
> solution for doing that without an internet connection.

assuming your local mirror is properly served from localhost:

  echo "127.0.1.1 cdn.debian.net" >> /etc/hosts

all my hosts in my network have that (well, it's not pointing to
localhost, but to the ip that my local mirror is located on, and i'm
overwriting cdn.debian.net in my local dns, rather than modifying all
the systems hosts file, but that's just implementation detail).

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net