Re: Using live-boot with mainline kernel

On 03/18/2011 09:57 AM, David Kuehling wrote:
> As mentioned before I'm currently trying to make live-boot work for a
> powerpcspe embedded system.  Currently I'm testing this with a fat
> partition on a usb hard-disk attached to the system.
>
> Unfortunately live-boot is currently hardwired to work with either aufs
> or unionfs, which both are not in the mainline kernel.

I'm not up on what's happening there for live-* 3.x, but is this rfc
that's being worked on any help?

http://live.debian.net/devel/rfc/unionmount/

> I'm a little reluctant to patch my kernel.

I don't know what the status of all of the stuff referenced in this
document is. The RFC references 2.6.36. But sid currently has 2.6.37,
and 2.6.38 is uploaded and just needs to go through NEW and enter the
archive.

Ben