Re: online CGI builder: "Unable to fetch some archives"

On 03/13/2011 03:59 PM, Charles Russell wrote:
> I encountered the following error message using a combination of
> packages for which the component packages each worked separately: "E:
> Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
> --fix-missing?"

during this weekends ftp-master meeting, at some time, the
testing/unstable archives were inconsistent and thus not installable from.

in general, if you encounter errors on the testing/unstable
distributions, we would appreciate if you make the research and verify
e.g. with a local build first. remember, testing/unstable's target
audience is not end-users and anything from slight inconveniences up to
total breakages can happen basically at any time.

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/