Re: online CGI builder: "Unable to fetch some archives"

On 3/13/2011 11:18 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 03/13/2011 03:59 PM, Charles Russell wrote:
I encountered the following error message using a combination of
packages for which the component packages each worked separately: "E:
Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?"

during this weekends ftp-master meeting, at some time, the
testing/unstable archives were inconsistent and thus not installable from.

in general, if you encounter errors on the testing/unstable
distributions, we would appreciate if you make the research and verify
e.g. with a local build first. remember, testing/unstable's target
audience is not end-users and anything from slight inconveniences up to
total breakages can happen basically at any time.

I don't think this was testing/unstable:

LB_BINARY_IMAGES="iso-hybrid"
LB_DISTRIBUTION="squeeze"
LB_PACKAGES_LISTS="lxde"
LB_TASKS="build-essential"
LB_PACKAGES="vim make gdb gfortran openssh-server mc splint exuberant-ctags cflow indent iceweasel wpasupplicant wireless-tools ccrypt squashfs-tools gnuplot wget maxima maxima-share maxima-doc xmaxima octave3.2 octave3.2-doc octave3.2-headers octave3.2-info r-base"

r-base was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it worked OK with a smaller package list.