Re: dd a live image and create a second partition

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Kirill Spitsin <tn@0x746e.org.ua> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:20:38PM -0300, Victor Rosales wrote:
>> Hi, is there a way to dd a live image into a thumb drive
>> and create a second partition in the same device?
>
> http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/the-basics.html#202

I'm still surprised with these steps, I think really should be changed
to something that works, and won't destroy your data if you execute
exactly like it is written.

gparted ${USBSTICK}
mkfs.ext4 ${USBSTICK}

I wrote before to this list, but nobody see any fail in this
instructions, I don't understand really. I think shouldbe at least
mkfs.ext4 ${USBSTICK_PART2}

Thanks!