Re: --binary-images "tar" target Q

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Tom Gall <tom.gall@linaro.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Daniel Baumann
> <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:
>> On 10/11/2011 10:50 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
>>> Is it correct that the  --binary-images "tar" target final tarball
>>> should include the set of debian packages used in the install?
>>
>> --binary-images does not control the content of the produced binary
>> image, but only it's form (iso image, $whatever, or a simple tarball).
>>
>> if you do not want to have installer integration in it, don't build the
>> system with debian-installer included in the first place
>> (--debian-installer false).
>
> With --debian-installer "false" it has no effect on the inclusion of
> the .debs I noted were included in the binary-tar.tar.gz file.

Going through the code I see there are two ways that binary/pool and
binary/dist will get populated in the binary directory.

The lb_binary_debian-installer as you noted but the other is
lb_binary_packagelists. The later is what bit me.

So if you have a *.list   located in package-list you'll get it.
Changing that to .list.chroot fixed it up.

This seems like a bug.  It would seem to me that lists contained in
config/package-list  should require a .chroot or .binary suffix to
indicate the stage they are intended for. If *.list is tolerated,
seems like that should default to chroot instead of binary.

The current docs located at :
http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/customizing-package-installation.html#374
are also slightly out of date, still referencing the old
chroot_local-packagelists and binary_local-packagelists.

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com