integration of linaro-media-create

In Linaro we utilize live-build with a few patches to build our
monthly releases for arm based hardware. Generally speaking our work
flow is using live-build to generate a file system tarball. That
tarball is used with what is called a hwpack and using a tool called
linaro-media-create the user either directly installs onto SD media or
creates a dd'able image.

The enclosed patch integrates the linaro-media-create tool with
live-build3 such that with some new lb config options, the resulting
build is either installed onto SD media or into a dd-able file using
linaro-media-create. Not all features of linaro-media-create are
support but the most common ones are. The one downside of this work is
that it does need to run native on arm hardware in order to work.  I
do have a further set of patches which would allow for cross builds,
specifically building on x86 for arm. (It adds multi-strap support to
live-build)

All in all, I'm posting this patch more as a proof of concept/open to
comments& feedback. If there's interest I don't mind further whipping
this into shape as well as the mentioned multistrap code so that it
could be accepted.

 functions/defaults.sh                       |   47 +++++++++++--
 scripts/build/lb_binary                     |    1
 scripts/build/lb_binary_linaro-media-create |   99 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 scripts/build/lb_binary_linux-image         |   31 +++++---
 scripts/build/lb_chroot                     |    2
 scripts/build/lb_chroot_packages            |   65 ++++++++++++++++++
 scripts/build/lb_config                     |   66 ++++++++++++++++++

Thanks much for your consideration. Usage info can be found at :
https://wiki.linaro.org/LiveHelper/Hacking

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com