Re: building a squeeze image fails with alot of unresolved dependecy's

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Malic Zilyas <malic.zilyas@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks! It works.

I don't understand though, i rm -r cache/ So I thought everything would be gone.

If I understand correctly, the cache is for caching packages that you would otherwise have to download. But the cache is not used as a part of the build environment for building your distro, so to clean that you'd need to tell  live builder to clean.

One question,

you said:
>in 3.0~a21, specifying the package list 'minimal' triggers some
>additional hooks by default that  remove documentation and others from
>the build.
>
>this was in some later versions, so that the hooks are not triggert
>automatically anymore, and users can specify fine-granulary what hooks
>they want eventhough they're using the minimal package list.

How can I call the hooks, and what are the hooks?

Have you looked at the Live Builder manual? Hooks are mentioned in section 9.2.

By the way, a big thank you for the excellent documentation for everyone on the Live Build team! Its really great.

Regards,

Jeremiah

Thank you

Malic

2011/8/8 Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>
On 08/08/2011 08:40 AM, Malic Zilyas wrote:
> When using the same config but for wheezy instead af squeeze. Everything
> works. Any ideas?

sounds like leftovers were in place.

> -r live.debian.net <http://live.debian.net> \

i assume this is a copy&paste error, it should be

 -r live.debian.net

only.

> --mirror-chroot-volatile "" \

don't do that, useing --volatile false is enough to disable volatile
repositories.

> --package-lists "minimal standard standard-x11 licht-base licht-xfce" \

assuming licht-base and licht-xfce are your local package lists, then
you don't need to specify them. just put them in
config/chroot_local-packagelists.

there's no point in de-referencing package lists, e.g standard-x11
includes standard, standard includes minimal. so you only need to
specify standard-x11.

> (already tried cleaning cache completely)

rebuild from scratch with lb clean --purge && lb build. report back if
error persists.

> Second question. All the documentation and software install packages are
> removed on the end of the build. How can I configure this?

in 3.0~a21, specifying the package list 'minimal' triggers some
additional hooks by default that  remove documentation and others from
the build.

this was in some later versions, so that the hooks are not triggert
automatically anymore, and users can specify fine-granulary what hooks
they want eventhough they're using the minimal package list.

> Thanks a lot for the live-build!

welcome :)

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net

Malic Zilyas

Jeremiah C. Foster
Open Source Technologist
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)730 93 0506
E-Mail: jeremiah.foster@pelagicore.com

=== NOTE ===
The information contained in this E-mail message is
intended only for use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message  is not
the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.