Re: building a squeeze image fails with alot of unresolved dependecy's

Thanks! It works.

I don't understand though, i rm -r cache/ So I thought everything would be gone.

One question,

you said:
>in 3.0~a21, specifying the package list 'minimal' triggers some
>additional hooks by default that  remove documentation and others from
>the build.
>
>this was in some later versions, so that the hooks are not triggert
>automatically anymore, and users can specify fine-granulary what hooks
>they want eventhough they're using the minimal package list.

How can I call the hooks, and what are the hooks?

Thank you

Malic

2011/8/8 Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>
On 08/08/2011 08:40 AM, Malic Zilyas wrote:
> When using the same config but for wheezy instead af squeeze. Everything
> works. Any ideas?

sounds like leftovers were in place.

> -r live.debian.net <http://live.debian.net> \

i assume this is a copy&paste error, it should be

 -r live.debian.net

only.

> --mirror-chroot-volatile "" \

don't do that, useing --volatile false is enough to disable volatile
repositories.

> --package-lists "minimal standard standard-x11 licht-base licht-xfce" \

assuming licht-base and licht-xfce are your local package lists, then
you don't need to specify them. just put them in
config/chroot_local-packagelists.

there's no point in de-referencing package lists, e.g standard-x11
includes standard, standard includes minimal. so you only need to
specify standard-x11.

> (already tried cleaning cache completely)

rebuild from scratch with lb clean --purge && lb build. report back if
error persists.

> Second question. All the documentation and software install packages are
> removed on the end of the build. How can I configure this?

in 3.0~a21, specifying the package list 'minimal' triggers some
additional hooks by default that  remove documentation and others from
the build.

this was in some later versions, so that the hooks are not triggert
automatically anymore, and users can specify fine-granulary what hooks
they want eventhough they're using the minimal package list.

> Thanks a lot for the live-build!

welcome :)

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net