Re: live build 3 documentation

On 07/12/2011 07:47 PM, Scott Askey wrote:
> Where is the documentation for live build 3?

Some options and config subdirectories have changed in 3.x. The man
pages in the 3.x packages serve as a guide for the new option names. The
rest, you'll need to figure out on your own for now (try 'lb config'
with no options in an empty directory both with 2.x and 3.x; you'll see
the differences in config/ subdirectory names, which should mostly be
self-explanatory).

live-manual still reflects 2.x as of today, but is still a good guide
for the "big picture" of how live-build works, using the man pages to
help sort out which things have changed in 3.x. As 3.x gets more solid,
I'll be putting in more time using it and will make a 3.x version of
live-manual.

> I would like to build a wheezy or sid amd64  live + install dvd with an xfce session and WPA support that builds from a uses a US repository; however I am having trouble with the live-build 3 syntax
>
> What should the following be as a live build 3 scipt?
>
>  lb config --mirror-binary http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ \
>            --tasks 'xfce-desktop laptop'\
>  --debian-installer live --packages debian-installer-launcher \ --architecture amd64 -d sid

As indicated in the lb_config man page, it's --architectures now, not
--architecture.

Ben