Re: edits to chroot/etc/inittab lost after lh_binary...

On 07/12/2011 03:22 PM, Richard Nelson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:11 AM, David <dedumas@sandia.gov> wrote:
>> Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen <at> xorcom.com> writes:

>>> lh_binary? It doesn't touch the chroot. It does, however change the boot
>>> parameters and such. Maybe your problem is there?
>>>
>>> I edit /etc/inittab on a chroot local hook and it just works.
>>>

>> I'm trying to edit the inittab also, and likewise, the changes don't
>> persist/propagate.
>>
>> When you says you "edit /etc/inittab on a chroot local hook" what does that
>> mean?
>>

> See manual section 9.2 Hooks
> http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/customizing-contents.html#485

Specifically "9.2.2 Boot-time hooks". Please note that live-config edits
/etc/inittab so you may not get the intended results if you try to do a
chroot local hook instead, as the old post you dug up above suggests
(and herein lies the danger of doing deep searches of the list archives
to try to figure stuff out -- over successive generations the software
has changed a lot!)

Ben