Re: edits to chroot/etc/inittab lost after lh_binary...

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen <at> xorcom.com> writes:

> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 07:02:24AM -0700, Andrew Foss wrote:
> > Hello live folks,
> >
> > I'm sed'ing the chroot/etc/inittab to enable the serial console, but
> > those edits are lost after lh_binary is run. Where is the right place to
> > do this?
>
> lh_binary? It doesn't touch the chroot. It does, however change the boot
> parameters and such. Maybe your problem is there?
>
> I edit /etc/inittab on a chroot local hook and it just works.

I'm trying to edit the inittab also, and likewise, the changes don't
persist/propagate.

When you says you "edit /etc/inittab on a chroot local hook" what does that
mean?

I've tried modifying that file, even deleting it completely, but when I boot
into the distro, the "old" or unmodified inittab is present.

Thanks.