Re: Repost: Working patch to boot an iso image file from Gujin signature (ia32)

On 06/08/2011 01:52 PM, Etienne Lorrain wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> In march I posted a patch to enable booting an unmodified ISO *image*
> file in the root or /boot directory of a ext*fs/VFAT/ISO9660 filesystem
> using the Gujin bootloader (followed by the ISO El-Torito bootloader):
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2011/03/msg00188.html

sorry for the late response, it hit the time where i had no stable
internet for about 6 weeks due to mooving. anyhow..

> I was wondering if someone had time to have a look at it, or tried it yet?
> Anything to improve?

the patch is huge and i don't think all of it is necessary[0]. but first
of all, rather than fetching gujin from the sf page, it should come from
a debian package. any plans to upload a gujin package to debian?

Regards,
Daniel

[0] basically you're replacing much of the live-boot own logic
completely, which is not a problem per se, but in order to review and
apply this, we should seperate things to logical pieces, means, first
make the modifications/adjustments/fixes to the generic functions, and
then add gujiin specificas on top of it. that way we can ensure we're
not breaking other stuff and don't add yet another dublication layer to
live-boot, which is already way too messy in its current state anyway :(

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net